Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blanket update!

Just wanted to update, since I was so excited but didn't get to post this past weekend.  Though first off, I've decided to not just do one color at a time for the last 2 rows so I've been doing purple then the black right after.  Sunday, I finished off the first skein of likely 5, and Monday I finished my first purple skein!  I know that doesn't sound that exciting but I'm done with about 60 or so squares total now, and working on 61-70.  I keep 10 squares in a sandwich baggie, which helped out a TON when I started, I just needed to count the bags to see how far I was or what was left.  Though now they don't fit so they are sitting in a small bin, (I'll post a pic later) and waiting for me in there.  The other weekend when I went back to visit my parent's (which has been about every other weekend) it was my mom's bday weekend.  I told her she had 2 options, see her combined present for mother's day now, or wait till that Friday.  Since it's so time involved I explained I knew I could have it by then.  She was back and forth and finally decided she wanted the peak.  Granted I didn't have a finished square, but I had the 2 yarn colors (though black's easy) so she could see what it would look like.  This weekend when we head back Friday after work I can show her some completed squares.  She was really excited and happy about how it looked.  So I'll post another pic in a day or so of the completed bin, I'd love to have another skein of black done in the next day or so.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

~Ais~

No comments:

Post a Comment